Sunday, January 17, 2010

7 of 144

Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz

The first in a new trilogy for her based on her Arcane Society theme. Seems book one is written by Ms. Krentz. Book 2 will be written by her historical romance alter ego Amanda Quick. I think this story line was reference a lot in this book. Which was kinda annoying. It made me feel like I should have already read the Amanda Quick book but of course it isn't published so that wasn't an option. The third book will be written by her futuristic romance alter ego whom I have never read and actually have never had a desire to read. I'll feel conflicted when it is time to actually read the third book cause I really don't have a desire to read it but I will of course want to finish the trilogy. Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. That I really don't need to make right now.

But back to actually talking about this book. It was good. The hero and heroine met up pretty early. The heroine had more information than the hero about the situation so that was enjoyable. The heroine didn't immediately fall in love and the hero actually experienced the feelings of being destined before the heroine. The search for the lamp was more involved than actually working the lamp which seems conflicting but what do I know? Continue to enjoy how this Arcane Society storyline kinda lets the characters have whatever abilities Ms. Krentz wants them to have irregardless of the abilities the other characters in other books may have had.

No comments: